First – please notice that my last post was on my first night of a murderous class. I’ve been busy! In addition to writing a paper a week (it wasn’t so bad until the last 2), I have also re-discovered sewing 🙂 It is as much fun as knitting and crocheting, but with more immediate results.
Last night I was at Wal-Mart picking up a button for Charlie’s shirt and I found some adorable pre-shirred fabric in a Dora print (Annaleigh’s favorite!) so I picked up 3/4 of a yard. Today after work I sewed it up so there is one seam on the side of the dress (under her arm). I had some quilting strips from a jelly roll that were multi-colored strips. I cut one for straps, hemmed them and sewed them on. The I took two, lined up the strips (because I would go nuts if they weren’t!), trimmed then a little to make them even. Then I used my serger to sew the two long sides and one short side (right side in!!!!), turned it right side out (WARNING: this is a giant pain in the ass! If you know of a better way, please leave it in the comments!) and sewed the last short end pillow style. I pressed it and used it as a belt around the dress. To finish it off I added two butterfly buttons at the bottom of the front straps, on the shirred part.
I will post up some pictures once I can get my computer to cooperate (unless you want to look at them sideways….)!